Most mortgage preapprovals are valid for 6 months. It makes sense to obtain the approval first before you have settled on a property. If you are keen on buying a house, it will probably take you 2 months to find one and 2-3 months to close the mortgage with bank. Getting preapproved will help you know what loan you qualify for, the expected down payment, what your loan installments will be, closing cost expectations, your credit score and any alternatives you have to raise your credit score.
This calculator helps you determine your monthly payments for a mortgage loan.
Get a Mortgage Quote Now
Protected with 256 bit SSL
- The Fed Cuts Interest Rates Again. What Does It Mean for Mortgages?
- Possible Changes in Debt-to-Income Ratios Could Help Home Buyers
- Home Equity Loan or Cash-Out Refinance: Which One is Better for You?
- Surprise! The Federal Reserve Bank Lowered Interest Rates
- Top 3 Loans Homebuyers Can Take Advantage Of
- Reverse Mortgage Myths Busted
- President Trump pushes for lower interest rates
- Cash-Out Mortgage Refinancing: Does it Make Sense for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage Now?
- Celebrate the Spring Home Buying Season with Lower Interest Rates
Call Us Today
Talk to a mortgage expert now!
Chat with Us Online
Get the latest rates emailed to you daily